Our fleet of sixty five buses travel over 4,000 miles each day transporting students to and from school. This is in addition to student field trips and other special activities that require transportation.
The KCPS Transportation Department prides itself on having the best drivers, monitors, substitutes, and mechanics in the state. That became true in the summer of 2019 as the department was awarded the 2019 overall best transportation department in the Commonwealth.
Field Trip Approval Process
The Field Trip Approval / Vehicle Request Form (board policy) must be completed by the sponsor/teacher requesting the trip approval.
- The field trip request form must be completely filled out.
- Billing information such as MUNIS code, School Activity Fund Purchase Order Number, or other organizational information. The billing information is required so finance can properly charge and pay the bus driver and bill the trip costs.
The approval process for field trips and the request form flow is:
- Funding should be secured for the trip prior to submitting the form to your building principal. Check with your school bookkeeper (if school activity funds) or grant point of contact for proper coding.
- The principal should review the approval request form submitted by the sponsor/teacher. The form should be complete prior to signing for approval.
- Once approved by the principal, the form should be submitted to the transportation director (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) for approval and scheduling of the bus and bus driver.
- When the trip is approved by the transportation director, the form is sent to the superintendent for final approval.
Field trips will not be approved and buses will not be dispatched unless the field trip request form and approval procedures are followed.