The Knox County Public Schools will continue to utilize the Danielson Framework for best instructional practices, self-reflection, personal growth, and evaluation.
This Framework is a condensed and updated version of the full Danielson Framework for teaching and learning that focuses on best practices in times of remote learning. The components remain mostly the same but are presented in a different sequence and broken down to include elements of success, priorities, a place to start, and additional strategies for synchronous and asynchronous engagement.
For our purposes in this unusual year, we will focus on the elements of Planning Coherent Instruction (1e), Using Questioning and Discussion Techniques (3b), Engaging Students in Learning (3c), and Using Assessment for Learning (3d).
Resources from Knox County Public Schools:
- Introduction to the Framework for Remote Learning – shared with curriculum coaches on January 6, 2021 (PDF document – shown in video above)
- PowerPoint from KCPS -shared with curriculum coaches on January 6, 2021
- Tracking Tool and Self Reflection Document for FFRT including 1e, 3b, 3c, and 3d (Excel document)
- Model Teacher Videos of Remote Learning by KCPS Teachers
- Online meeting introducing 3b and 3c – held January 13, 2021 (video, restricted access to curriculum coaches and principals )
Resources from The Danielson Group:
- The Framework for Remote Teaching – “The Play Book”
- The Framework for Remote Learning – “Self-Assessment and Reflection”
Supplemental Resources to Assist with 1e
- How to Form Assigned Teams via Zoom https://youtu.be/klwq2hqB4oA
- How to Form Random Pairs via Zoom https://youtu.be/ThEIU_-7LXU
- How to Form Assigned Pairs https://youtu.be/AiHRtbf3fB8
- How to Form Assigned Teams via Google Meet https://youtu.be/kfAZs3hIvJI
- How to Form Random Pairs and Random Teams via Google Meet https://youtu.be/PrTZuff-jrg
- How to Form Assigned Pairs via Google Meet https://youtu.be/QGCowHtZ2ZU
Supplemental Resources to Assist with 3b and 3c
- Additional Strategies for 3b and 3c (PDF document with links)