Mask Status: Parent/Family and staff optional for the week of January 18-21, 2022. There will be no school on Monday, January 17 (Martin Luther King Day).
Current COVID-19 Protocol
Updated on January 14, 2022 (Athletics Section)
The Kentucky Department for Public Health released new COVID-19 guidance this week for K-12 schools. Beginning immediately, the following procedures will be followed. Any updates to this guidance will be posted online at www.knoxkyschools.com.
- Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 with an at-home test should see a healthcare provider for a test to be conducted by a licensed professional and obtain a written notice.
- Five (5)-day isolation from school/work for individuals testing positive for COVID. The individual may return to school after five (5) days when their symptoms are fully resolved OR
- Ten (10)-day isolation from school/work for individuals testing positive if they have lingering symptoms.
- ALL positive individuals must wear a well-fitting mask for ten (10) full days from the first day of the infectious period.
Individuals having had exposure to a person diagnosed with COVID-19 occurring at-school or outside of school (e.g., household member):
- Choose the Test to Stay Option at their school. They will be tested daily for five days and must wear a mask for ten (10) days. Each day’s negative test will allow the person to resume all school activities with a mask OR
- May choose to quarantine from school and activities for five (5) days if they have NO symptoms and test negative on or after day five (5), may return to school and wear a mask for an additional five (5) days.
- For school activities that occur on weekends or days that school is not in session, the person should visit a healthcare provider to be tested and obtain a negative written notice.
ATHLETICS INFORMATION – added on January 14, 2022
KMA Committee on Sports Medicine COVID-19 Medical Evaluation and Return-to-Play / Activity Guidance for Practitioners in Dealing with Middle and High School Student-Athletes With a Positive Test for COVID-19 (Link)
KCPS employees must use their sick leave if they test positive for COVID-19. There are no emergency COVID-19 sick days. Please notify your supervisor when you test positive.